I think I found a new love...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
Vermont! In an earlier thread I asked for recommendations for a trip to Bar Harbor, ME and first let me thank everyone for the info because it was perfect. Anyway, when we arrived in Vermont the first time it was dark so we didn't get a view of the Green Mountains but we did drive through Wilmington and thought it was a nice mountain town. The next morning we went to Whetstone Valley Farms and got our maple syrup and the farmer was extremely nice. In fact everyone we talked with acted like we were long lost friends. We continued on to Woodstock to see the stoves (awesome!) and then to BH where we spent four nights. On the way home we were supposed to go through MA but I knew that I would regret not going back through VT in the daylight. So we added another hour (what's another hour in a 2,418 mile 43 hour trip) and came back through the Green Mountains. We had dinner in Wilmington, I can't remember the name of the place but it has a deck overlooking a stream with a HUGE apple tree. Then we walked around to see the town. We've already decided that next year we will be vacationing in VT, I've thought about retiring there as a matter of fact!

fv

....same as NH...but we don't have sales tax.==c

The Green Mountains is most certainly a beautiful place to go. We went to Randolph, VT, back in the mid 90's to a huge mountain biking rally/festival. Had a blast and put over 150 miles on my MTB in those mountains that weekend (it was in mid October, got pretty chilly camping out that weekend). Anyway, the drive there through upper NY and into VT was spectacular.

Wifey has never been up that way and wants to go in a couple weeks......so instead of a fall vacay to the beach, looks like we may see NE instead....

Yes southern Vermont is on my short list for the next stop on this gypsy train.

Cannot agree more! :)

Western Maine mountains are also very nice;)

Status
Not open for further replies.