I think I found a software bug in the Enviro Omega...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamegrabber

Apr 13, 2008
Northshore, Ma.
I was running in AUTO/OFF mode using a thermostat.

I then pushed the off button on the stove ( in AUTO/OFF mode you're supposed to just turn down the t-stat to shut it off, I didn't know that ) and the stove started feeding pellets at a very fast rate.

The flames got VERY HIGH and I started getting a little nervous so I put the stove in MANUAL mode and hit the off button again and the auger stopped feeding pellets and the stove shutdown.

Anyone ever experience this?

Even though I didn't shutdown the stove the way I should of in AUTO/OFF mode it should not have started feeding pellets that way IMHO.

Unless it did that to build a big fire in the burnpot to burn any leftover pellets before shutting down? Part of the shutdown procedure? Maybe but I doubt it.

Thanks,

FG.

fg,

I think what happens(some one beat me if I'm wrong) is the stove goes back to a new start up, If you notice when you start the stove it dump a bunch of pellets in to the pot. Then waits till the sensor feedback starts the feed cycle. By that time the pellets are some what burned off.

I will try it when I have a chance. I don't think it will over heat the stove. But it would get up there!!!

jay

jtakeman said:
fg,

I think what happens(some one beat me if I'm wrong) is the stove goes back to a new start up, If you notice when you start the stove it dump a bunch of pellets in to the pot. Then waits till the sensor feedback starts the feed cycle. By that time the pellets are some what burned off.

I will try it when I have a chance. I don't think it will over heat the stove. But it would get up there!!!

jay

FG,

Mine does the same thing as yours. Didn't over heat the stove. But it was mighty HOT!!!

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.