I think I have a fan issue?? pdv new englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flickerstick

Nov 15, 2008
Holyoke mass
Ok the story ..pdv used stove possibly 2000. Functions ok.. not a lazy flame but not very excited either. Changed exhaust blower(brand new), new gaskets, cleaned stove very well. Stove runs ok up to heat setting 5. decent out put about 220 degrees but still not a angry flame. My pipe was too long , using the EVL formula i was a 19.5 now im down to 13.5. this helped but only a little. My guess is still not enough air?? So heres the big question..if the stove is close to 8 years old could the board not be sending enough juice to the fan?? There is no obstruction everything is replaced, lubed and working. But after setting 5 the pellets mound up, the flame gets lazy and its all down hill from there. I know about the LFF and LBA but those are for settings 1/2 on the heat range and have no affect after setting 3 and above. I know somethings up because people are running their stoves on one and two and getting good heat. Does anyone know what voltage should be seen at the fan?? I only assume the voltage would increase to supply more air as the demand for pellets increases?? IE; setting one low pellets no need for alot of air. Any help would be appretiated, its getting cold in mass!

Status
Not open for further replies.