I think I keep over-firing my lopi liberty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same stove,25 ft of flue and a damper in the flue. If I don't use it on very cold windy days my flue will suck the horns off a Billy Goat

Reactions: Chuck the Canuck
I have the same stove,25 ft of flue and a damper in the flue. If I don't use it on very cold windy days my flue will suck the horns off a Billy Goat
An excellent description of my system as well... the colder it gets, the more important it is to have that flue damper doing it's job; otherwise, the stove would have been launched into orbit long ago......

I'm burning maple and ash right now also and I have to be extremely careful with the amount of wood I load and the coal bed size. I've had the stove top glowing once already. A pipe damper would be a wise decision. I have 22 ft of flue straight up and it will suck the horns off a billy goat like fespo said. I keep saying I'm going to install one but I have a hard time remembering to open the bypass damper let alone a pipe damper. It seem like when I'm able to have a fire 24/7 I don't have as many runaways because I'm able to get a burning schedule set thus reducing the possibility of hot reloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.