i think i killed my cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBravo

Oct 15, 2007
Calgary AB Can
not literaly (yet anyway). all she does is sit infront of the stove. i think she has gained a few pounds since heating season started. when its too hot for e to be in the room she just lies there soaking it up.

Oh, no problem. At first I thought that you had put the feline in the stove and clogged the cat.

My black long hair cat came in out of the rain a week ago and jumped on to the top of the stove. Lucky for her it was only starting up about 123 F. The look on her face was priceless. Her sister camps in fount of it watching the flames, cat TV and sleeps in back of it day and night .

My German Shorthair Poiner spent 12 straight hours in front of the stove yesterday. Never moved. He was not pleased when I dragged him outside. I literally had to drag him out of the house.

I used to live in a 1956, 8x40 trailer in Frb. In the winter, my dachshund would lie over one of the forced air heating vents. He'd be about 112 degrees and the back of the trailer would be about 16 degrees. Punk.

My cat spend just about the whole day and evening on the couch in front of the fire. He only moves to eat supper and then goes back to clean himself and sleep. When I pet him, the side facing the fire is hot. He rotates and purrs once in a while so I know he is still alive.

Cats and Dogs are just smart, where else would one go but in front of the stove? Not only that, but they send their humans out to work and toil for food and shelter while they do it! Smart and happy are they!

My cat will meow if the pellet stove has not turned on. He has his cat perch/claw post on the other side of the room.

No fire in the stove he will come down jump on the bed meowing untill you get up and turn the pellet stove on.......most times it's on room temp mode so it fires up as needed.

Dang I need to find another cat to rent my house from. :p

My Dogus will whine till I stoke the fire. She gets so close she has lost fur on her chest before...kinda like boiling a frog..she don't notice till its to late.

Glad to hear other pets are also a little, um, intemperate about soaking up the heat... our two cats spend hour after hour slow-roasting themselves, stretched out like sunbathers, fur close to smoking, the whole bit. Our Corgi pup on the other hand is made of sterner Celtic stuff, prefers her crate across the room, or even outside. So far. I'm sure once she grows up she'll develop an appreciation for the finer things in life, among them warming one's bones by the fire...

Eddy

Zoe the shelter cat..

IMAGE_009Medium.jpg

IMAGE_010Medium.jpg

IMAGE_011Medium-1.jpg

Zoe likes FIRE!!!

We have two cats. One gets so close to the stove I think his blood is going to Boil and he is very hot to the touch. Just like the frog in the Kettle.

The other cat is smart, she keeps her distance.

When I pick up the boiling cat, he always meows at me like I am being mean to him.

I enjoy them, they are fun cats. Totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.