I think I might be done for the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanm

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2012
SE BC Canadian Rockies
It was wet and dark here today and the temperature struggled to 11 c. I was driving around watching the temperature in my truck thinking how nice it will be to come home and have a fire. I havent had one in about a week there abouts and the idea of splitting some kindling, finding a match, and lighting a fire, seemed to much of a task. I think unless I get motivated I might be done for the season. At some point you just get tired of the process. As a side note I locked the hubs and went looking for some firewood on my way home from the office today but didnt find anything. I did however earlier in the day while walking the dog find some nice larch that I will bring back to the house sometime soon! Fire on the brain but more in the replenishing then the burning!!

Yeah you ain't done yet. Still plenty of wood to gather.

Never had the BK on for a few weeks now.

If I find any Stella DRY larch / Fir I will share for sure.

Reactions: Seanm
Yeah you ain't done yet. Still plenty of wood to gather
Youre right there. With the dry season coming sooner than expected I think we may be locked out of the bush. Time to drop em, buck em, split em and stack em before the hammer comes down!

Youre right there. With the dry season coming sooner than expected I think we may be locked out of the bush. Time to drop em, buck em, split em and stack em before the hammer comes down!

Ah ha ah. Got some nice Fir eh?

My favourite. Stella wood for Alaskan saw milling.

Never have enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanm
Yeah Ive had a few since.... Its 11 c here all day today with heavy rain. It must be a fire night for me as well!

Fire here on June 2nd as well. Two days of 40's and rain talked me right into it.

Just lit the stove, burning pine, one load to take the edge off

Weather has been quite moderate here this spring, not exactly hot, but enough so to just let the oil furnace do its thing. We only burned about $750 fuel oil the whole season, so I don't even feel guilty.:)

I'll bet you're all done with fires in the stove now.
lol, yes were done here I think. Its so hot out I dont even want to process wood! Temperature records are dropping all over southern bc! I dont know how our friends to the south do it. It sure is nice and cool in my rec room next to the cold stove!

lol, yes were done here I think. Its so hot out I dont even want to process wood! Temperature records are dropping all over southern bc! I dont know how our friends to the south do it. It sure is nice and cool in my rec room next to the cold stove!

Av been out cutting all weekend. Did a run this morning. Builds character working in the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.