I think I need to see a doctor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
A Hundred dollars well spent!

HSF !!!!

Great deal!
Good for You

We need details. Did you stop him by jumping in front of his truck, did you have blue lights or what? If you see this load of wood going down the road what makes you think it can end up in your wood stove for $100?

Arc_Dad said:
We need details. Did you stop him by jumping in front of his truck, did you have blue lights or what? If you see this load of wood going down the road what makes you think it can end up in your wood stove for $100?

UUMMM, well I pulled up next to him on the passenger side and forced an old guy to make an illegal right on red because I was blowing the horn to get the passengers attention.

Then I made a left turn from the right lane and cut off the car behind him.

Then we both pulled over in the right lane and blocked traffic while there were two cops 100 feet in front of us with someone pulled over.

Then I chewed him down from $150 to $100 with "No thanks maybe next time" and started turning around to hear "OK OK you got a $100.

Then he followed me for 20 minutes to my house.

But if i had to jump in front of him I probably wood. If I had blue lights I would definitely use them.
And I think ALL wood should be burning in my gasifier!

Yep, you need help
That's why you are here. :)
To be with others that have "the wood problem"
We understand ;)
You'll be fine after it all CSS.

:lol: Nice score Mike. That is going to keep you busy for a while. Got a Wood Splitter? No, not the kid down the road Mike. With hydraulics I mean. :)

Wow awesome score. Ive never paid for wood in over 25yrs of heating with wood, but Id be all over that load for a $100.00. Btw did he tell you where it would have ended up if you didnt stop him?

scotvl said:
Wow awesome score. Ive never paid for wood in over 25yrs of heating with wood, but Id be all over that load for a $100.00. Btw did he tell you where it would have ended up if you didnt stop him?

yeah it was real impulsive considering I have two friends who have tree service companies and give me what ever I want for free.

Like I said I need to see a doctor.

And one even gives me his Timber wolf DW5 splitter with a loader arm!

If you had gotten if for "free"
It would be the "best scrounge ever on record".
Good score, none the less.

im thinking u paid 15-25 dollars a cord

Good on yer for a consensual hijacking.

Its not a problem til your whole yard is so filled you cant even see your lawn, you're not there yet, are you?

weatherguy said:
Its not a problem til your whole yard is so filled you cant even see your lawn, you're not there yet, are you?

Problem. No way!! Then he can sell his lawn mower and spend the proceeds on another chainsaw!!

Hot Damn - And cut to 4-5' lengths also...Hot Damn.

Littlalex

weatherguy said:

At this rate it won't be long.

My wife is begging me to stop.

My kids are shaking their heads.

My neighbors or driving by, slowing down and pointing.

And I haven't even finished hooking up the gassier.

Wait to I actually burn some of my supply. I'm gonna run right out and replace it.

infinitymike said:
weatherguy said:

What this is not anything special, I think these are things that we all have dealt with. Just keep going eventually they (the wife, kids and neighbor) will just accept it. At least mine finally did. My daughter had to do a project at college where she had to take pictures of someone in "their environment". She told me she wanted me to be her subjects since "All you do is cut and chop wood Dad."

Eventually they will just accept that you are insane. You will be the crazy guy with all the wood. Even if you are crazy at least you will be warm, right ?

Shawn

shawneyboy said:
infinitymike said:
weatherguy said:

What this is not anything special, I think these are things that we all have dealt with. Just keep going eventually they (the wife, kids and neighbor) will just accept it. At least mine finally did. My daughter had to do a project at college where she had to take pictures of someone in "their environment". She told me she wanted me to be her subjects since "All you do is cut and chop wood Dad."

Eventually they will just accept that you are insane. You will be the crazy guy with all the wood. Even if you are crazy at least you will be warm, right ?

Shawn

That's the key, "...at least you will be warm...". We all need to live for something or end up just dead.

Those are all noon time pics.
Show us the midnite CSS under tarps and lights pics that garner the cease and desist and noise abatement court orders and you won't be considered a slacker.

:)

Looks like a good $100 spent. Congratulations.

infinitymike said:

I think your familys right....

That is awesome! That took some chutzpah to stop the truck. I wish I had the room for a scrounge like that!
This is the biggest delivery I've ever had at my house. Cost me two cases of beer and I had to cut it and drag it out of the woods.
0615101322.jpg

steeltowninwv said:
im thinking u paid 15-25 dollars a cord
Looks to me like four to six, but it's a guess. Any other estimates as to the final cordage?

Hard to pass that up for $100 when you consider the work and fuel it would take to cut that and bring it home. Nice score! :coolsmile:

I'll give you a cord of seasoned oak for the Chevy!

Status
Not open for further replies.