i think im liking dry creek pellet allot better

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

Dec 25, 2009
north java, ny
i bought 2 tons so far, well i have 1-1/2 tons at the house right now with another 1/2 already paid for sitting where i bought them. they told me come back for them at any time. so i make one trip on my days off and pick up 25 bags, i buy the other 25 bags on my next day off. anyways i have my harman p61 hooked up to a setback thermostat and the stove seems to call of heat less often now and when i does it only runs for a few minutes at goes back to maintenance mode. house is nice and warm. i also shut my stove down one day when it got up into the 60's and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of ash. i know it's only the beginning of the season but i think im going to have better results. i think those instant heat were in fact instant-heat-less junk. i really do not understand WHY the store that sells harman stoves sells these crappy pellets. don't they want their customers to be satisfied with the stoves they buy from them? think about it, they sell a great quality, expensive pellet stove but then sell junk pellets. their customers probably find that their stoves are not putting out the heat they expect. their customers also discover that they are burning way too much and they then blame it on the stove.

you buy the stove from a dealer and you assume that they are also a good place to get pellet for the stove that you purchased there.

im hoping that i will have a better experience with my stove and perhaps a lower heating bill despite paying $25 more per ton.

i think the better pellet will also keep the heat ex-changer cleaner making for more heat being delivered in between cleanings and hence burning fewer pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.