I think it's a disease....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Fall-like temps last night and this morning . . . perfect for working or playing . . . but not for heating . . . I'm saving the wood until it's time to really start burning . . . of course this is coming from the guy who actually had a fire going on the 4th of July since it was cold . . . so take what I say with a grain of salt.

What always makes me laugh is how as we move into the fall folks will think that 60's is cold - 'grab a coat it's cool out there'. Then in the spring if we hit the 60's it will be 'put on the shorts and t-shirt, I'm hot!' time again.

I'm all for saving my wood for real heating season - I am still not far enough ahead to feel 'wood rich' like some folks. However, I do have newstoveitus and generally am looking forward to some 'right temperature' days that I can get those smelly initial burn-in fires done with the windows open. Need it to be cool enough to get a decent startup draft and not cook us out of the house, yet warm enough that we can open all the windows, and as an added bonus, I'd rather it happen on a weekend too if I can order it up. Oh, and no rain either... ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.