1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I think it's full

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by lukem, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Stack em high and tight...

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Wow:eek: That's one tough little buggy! What's your guess on the weight of those rounds? What brand or trailer is that? Watch those turns with that tall stack.
  3. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    The big ones were probably 75 lbs...probably 800lbs per load. It is an ohio steel brand cart. Haven't figured out how to overload it yet!
  4. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    If I try and stack them that high I loose some on the way in due to my varying terrain. I'm going to build some sides on my similiar cart like the ones MasterMech showed a few weeks back. Thanks the only way I could stack a load like that on my place. Nice looking woods/terrain you have yourself in the background of that photo.
  5. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    I have some side rails in the works too. Ground is pretty hilly but there are some nice trails that make getting a big load out easy. Just have to go slow.

Got 4 of those loads out this AM. I think I'm done till spring...starting to feel like work more than fun.
    ScotO likes this.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I was out this morning too.......cutting a little bit of wood in over a foot of snow.....just enough to get the cobwebs out of the 372XP..;) I love to do it, but it's hard work. Hauling that wood over to the sleigh is the worst job. I'll be taking the plastic sled up later to help haul the rounds from the woods to the edge of the field....
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    "Don't mind the mule, load the wagon"
    Got some room on the ATV racks for a few more ;)

Nice work !
    ScotO likes this.
  8. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Only way to do it,
  9. BobUrban

BobUrban Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Michigan
    I am thinking about a wood trailer that is no wider than my quad for getting through some tight spots with a load. In the interim I fabbed up a single log skidder that goes into the rease style hitch I built. I can pull any log I can lift up onto the skidder out of the woods with my Griz and get pretty much a full cart load in each log. Works way better than just dragging the logs because only the tail end is touching the ground.
    ScotO likes this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I like getting both ends off the ground. Pulls even easier. Atv just plays with this.

Hauling logs 1.JPG
    ScotO and tfdchief like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Boog, have you tried ratchet straps?
  12. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    No, that would be a quite simple fix wouldn't it! I'm pretty sure I even have a couple old ones in a drawer. Thanks man!
  13. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I love atv wood gettin! +1 on the ratchet straps-works good
  14. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Hauled a load of Red Oak out of the woods with the RZR and cart that we cut last winter. I know, I forgot the pics. It wasn't in to bad a shape but I should have gotten it sooner. Doug, my son, and I cut it , quartered the rounds and didn't get the last load (My wood hauler) out last winter. Its been real busy and we just got back yesterday. It was laying on the ground and surprisingly just the outside sap wood was starting to get punky. The heart wood was good. Here is a pic of the day we cut and quartered the rounds.

Doug Rzr Cutting Wood 3 2012.jpg

In keeping with the thread, here is a pic of the cart full.
    IMG_20120121_114904.jpg