I think I've figured out where to put my stove! :) Beware, some pics posted.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman460

Apr 30, 2008
SE Nebraska
I think I've figured out where to put my stove! :) My house is a very open floor plan, with lots of windows and not too many outside walls that I can put a stove on. Anyway, I think I can put the stove in the corner of the dining room, run the vent through the wall into the sunroom, and up out of the roof of the sunroom, and further up above the main roof of the house to stay away from that second floor window. See attached layouts for what I'm doing.

As you can see from the pictures, I have a big old farmhouse, so I cannot just go straight up from the stove in the same room. I've edited the "real" picture to show where the vent will run outside of the house. As you can see I need to go clear above the main roof of the house to keep the vent opening away from that center upstairs window.

This locates the stove more or less in the center of the downstairs, and should let the heat flow throughout the downstairs and up the open stairway to upstairs.

The cleanout T will end up in the sunroom, but I don't anticipate that being a problem. I also realize I will most likely need to use 4" pipe, because of the EVL.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Pat

Attachments

• stove layout full.JPG
    stove layout full.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 593
  • stove layout.JPG
    stove layout.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 547
  • vent_location_picture.JPG
    vent_location_picture.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 602
Run the vent inside the house and box it in on the second floor, thats what I did. Although mine goes through a closet.
I personally don't care for the look of an exposed vertical run. my .02

kimeric said:
Run the vent inside the house and box it in on the second floor, thats what I did. Although mine goes through a closet.
I personally don't care for the look of an exposed vertical run. my .02

I agree :coolsmile:

I can't box it in on the second floor, there is a bathroom directly above this location. No closet or anything. I'm tellin' ya, this house is a difficult one for locating a stove :).

Don't get me wrong, though, the comments and suggestions are much appreciated, thank you very much :).

Status
Not open for further replies.