1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I think my house is going to cave in

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chrisasst, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegdot

pegdot New Member

Loc:
    Upstate, SC
    Geez, I hope not!

Hubby and I had this argument just a couple of weeks ago when we got our first ton of pellets. Last winter we stored them in my shop and I couldn't get in there to work for tripping over pellets so this year I wanted to store them outside under cover. Hubby was scared that they'd get wet and we'd lose all that money and not be able to replace them. He wanted to store 3 tons in a old house we have on the property but I was afraid that the weight would be too much for the floor to support. In the end the pellets ended up right back in my shop. :mad: Oh well......I just won't do any work until spring. ;-)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. valentine92

valentine92 Member

Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Question would the same apply to storing them in a detached garage? This is our first year using a pellet stove and we had the forklift drive right into our garage.
    Is it tooo much weight, anything I should be concerned about? Wanted to add I can no longer fit my car in the garage with the pellets so that wouldnt be a problem
  3. Lorilooo

Lorilooo Member

Loc:
    North Central CT
    Seriously guys, where is he? :roll:

Helllooo???? 8-/
  4. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    I have been busy the last day or so..so I haven't been on here..

my "mud room" is a concrete slab on solid ground so I am not worried about that. The others as I said, I have spread evenly in a different couple of rooms. I used a level as I was setting them down on the floor just to make sure it was unleveling (if that makes sense)
  5. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    I guess you are more trusting than I am...I don't know...I don't trust anyone around my area..
  6. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Then you are just fine, Happy burning!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.