I think spring is here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Sunday was georgous with the temp around 65F

Monday was also very lovely with temp near 62F

We shut the little stove off Sunday by mid day and did not fire it off again until 10 pm
Yesterday morning I shut the stove off around 9 am and we left it off all day and then last night at bed time it ws still comfortable in the house so we went through the night without a fire.

This morning it was a tad chilly with the house at about 65F so a fired the Big Whit up and its got the place at near 71F now.

Will shut the stove off here in an hour or so and leave it off all day.

Supposed to be near 60F today with some rain tonight maybe.

Sure looks like stove season is going to be winding down soon.

Be time to do maintenance and a good cleaning getting ready for the summer shut down..

Been a long winter season for sure.

I would be willing to bet that we will still be having small fires until into June though.

Snowy

If its anything like the weather we have been having? You'll have spring one day and winter the next.

I'll give it until May, If it doesn't change? I'm heading down south! ;em

I think we had April before March, its cold here again!

Yes in the mid 30's here and spitting snow, but that is okay I have this new stove to play with, I think this is the coldest day since it was installed, been home for an hour and it is starting to warm up nicely in here, it was 60 inside when I walked in and now 67 I think I am going to like it.

Well.... 42 outside right now. looking at 40's during the day and high 20's and 30's at night for the rest of the week. Yesterday had to brush 6" of snow off the truck at work. Guess spring isn't "here" quite yet.

Yesterday was nice until late afternoon when a thunderstorm blew up and rumbled and poured rain all over us.

We had a fire in the little stove all night last night and will likely let it run through the day today.
The weekend is looking good so far with highs in the 60 F range

Rain again next week, so ???????????

Yup its definately a mixed bag all around.

I still bet that we will be firing until June this year too.

Snowy

Might be close to 90 here by Monday!

Looking at breaking records.

We need rain but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon.

It hit 60ºF today. We got tthe boat out for a bit, But the wind blew us off the water. Water is still chilly at 52ºF(surface temp) so the warm water fishies weren't bitting. Still better than heading to work! ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.