I thought it was cold last week...but this is nuts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Last week was cold. But this week is crazy.

Here's my forecast: Forillon National Park - Gaspé - Percé
3:30 PM EST Wednesday 06 February 2013
Wind chill warning for
Forillon National Park - Gaspé - Percé continued

Wind chill values will reach -38 to -48 in several parts of western, central, eastern and mid-Northern Quebec.

A low pressure system near Baie-Comeau will reach the Lower North Shore Thursday morning. Behind the low, a line of heavy flurries has developed in the last few minutes and will affect a portion of the Lower St Lawrence coast early this evening.

A very cold air mass will also will move to lie over the the St Lawrence Estuary later this evening. This air mass, combined with a strong northwesterly flow over the open waters, could lead to the development of snowsqualls giving nil visibilities.

The combination of moderate winds and cold temperatures will cause extreme wind chill values over several parts of the province through Thursday morning.

This morning in the barn(6am) I felt "warm"....it was 20 but calm, hate the cold wind!

Status
Not open for further replies.