I told those dang pellets not to sit at the top of the auger cover & move around the screw heads sli

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• FoilFoilOnAugerCover1sc.jpg
    FoilFoilOnAugerCover1sc.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 364
  • FoilFoilOnAugerCover2sc.jpg
    FoilFoilOnAugerCover2sc.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 370
How many pellets actually sit at the top.....6.....7? Hope that doesn't come off and get in the auger.

Wachusett said:
How many pellets actually sit at the top.....6.....7? Hope that doesn't come off and get in the auger.

Yes, atleast 6 or 7 little buggers and then there are at least one lolly gaging behind each of the 6 screw heads!! Not to mention all the little messy fines that build up around there too!!!

That tape sticks good and with the weight of the pellets it is no problem. Other members have done it for many years already!!

Wouldn't you hang on for dear life if you knew the fiery burn pot of a hungry pellet stove was waiting for you on the other side?

Come on, you gotta give the little guys some credit to trying.

So were the other pictures you originally had up, the pellets you are yelling at?

chrisasst said:
So were the other pictures you originally had up, the pellets you are yelling at?

No they were for a different post. I am burning Maine's Choice.

LOL! @ vinny.

Tell us how that works out. I have a similar setup in the hopper and if it works out, I'm running out to set some of that foil. Thanks for the great idea!

On a side note, have you ever taken that auger cover off to clean the actual auger? There's an orange sealant near the tip of the cover but someone told me you can scrape that sealant off to get to the auger for cleaning. Just wondering if you've ever done that on your stove. Thanks!

hotdawg said:
Tell us how that works out. I have a similar setup in the hopper and if it works out, I'm running out to get some of that foil. Thanks for the great idea!

On a side note, have you ever taken that auger cover off to clean the actual auger? There's an orange sealant near the tip of the cover but someone told me you can scrape that sealant off to get to the auger for cleaning. Just wondering if you've ever done that on your stove. Thanks!

No I have not done that, I believe the best way is to pull the Auger motor off and then pull the Auger out from the back.

Don2222 said:
Hello

I purchased the High Temperature foil at Home Depot and taped around the auger cover in the hopper!......That will teach those Smart Alec Wood Pellets!!! LOL

See pics

Gee, that looks just like the pic i posted a few years ago:

Attachments

• Astoria auger & Tape.jpg
    Astoria auger & Tape.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 219
imacman said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

I purchased the High Temperature foil at Home Depot and taped around the auger cover in the hopper!......That will teach those Smart Alec Wood Pellets!!! LOL

See pics

Gee, that looks just like the pic i posted a few years ago:

Close imacman but you did not go over the top of the auger.

Status
Not open for further replies.