I took down a few trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkuntz413

Jul 12, 2008
eastern Long Island
So I had a few (12) trees cut down at my house last month. Then I had 8 truckloads of Oak from another property dumped on my property. I am in the process of picking up 10 more truckloads of Oak that is cut and three miles from my home.
It's All Good In The Hood.............

Attachments

• DKX_7351.jpg
    DKX_7351.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 648
Looks really warm in the hood..

JEALOUS......that is a great looking load.

But I heard that you can't find any fire wood on Long Island...

Looks like you have more work cut out for you but this is good work.

Backwoods Savage said:

Dennis, there is plenty of wood on LI, just not easy to process, unless you get a hual like above, or have access to your own wood, or do scrounging.

The dealer that I used to purchase from has his delivered from off of the Island (ie $$$'s !!!). Some local tree services also sell processed wood, usually they get it if the homeowner says "take it away".

Nice looking wood.
Looks like your ready for a serious few years of winter.
Good job!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Dennis, there is plenty of wood on LI, just not easy to process, unless you get a hual like above, or have access to your own wood, or do scrounging.

The dealer that I used to purchase from has his delivered from off of the Island (ie $$$'s !!!). Some local tree services also sell processed wood, usually they get it if the homeowner says "take it away".

I wonder how much I could get for a cord delivered from Michigan? lol

I was telling another fellow that many years ago one could get top dollar from selling all birch wood to folks who had fireplaces. I'd like to find a market like that now as I have lots of birch I could cut and sell.

Backwoods Savage said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I wonder how much I could get for a cord delivered from Michigan? lol

I was telling another fellow that many years ago one could get top dollar from selling all birch wood to folks who had fireplaces. I'd like to find a market like that now as I have lots of birch I could cut and sell.

LOL !! Well I wouldn't be in line for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.