I turned away free wood today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get all of thwe wood I had brought home over the past few weeks split last night but ran out of time this morning to get it all stacked but it is definitely more than enough to finish off 2013/14 so I've already put my first pallet down for 2014/15. Once that is done I will have 4 full years of wood stacked and ready to go so even with my shady lot, even oak should be ready to go by the time I need it.

What is going to be hard to get used to is after processing all the wood that I have for the past few years to get ahead, it is going to be really odd next year to only have to get one year done. I think I'm going to go through withdrawal!

Lots of free wood in Wisconsin. I was driving down the road today & there was a sign on a neatly bucked & stacked pile of maple(3/4 truckload) that said "free". So I took it. What is sad is it probably sat there for quite awhile, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.