I want to buy a wood furnace hot blast 1400 !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouche

Jan 18, 2012
Ottawa, ontario
Hi all

I'm a first timer and need some info. i live in Metcalfe Ontario near Ottawa and need some info on regulations for this type of furnace ex: duct work can i use the same duct work as the oil furnace and what are the recommendations , also can i use an clay insert chimney for my venting plus any other info on this product or regulations would be great. I'm just trying to drop the cost of oil by purchasing this wood furnace, it's a brand new furnace and the man that is selling it is asking only 1200 for it i can't pass this opportunity. Please help me with all your knowledge on this furnace and regulations please and thank you!!

Bouche

You should be able to find a manual for your furnace online and in there it should list all necessary clearances.

You cannot install the furnace in parallel with the central furnace. You can do a stand alone install or a series in Canada. The problem with series is the 2 small openings at the top and no openings in the base of the air jacket for a connection. So based on that a stand alone may be the only way. The furnace is approved in Canada, so I would follow the manual it will give you the specs to follow on installation.

In the manual it shows that you can use the same duct work as your furnace does. I'm going to use the fan on the wood furnace for this furnace and the oil will be seperate, they each have their own thermostat. the 2 holes you see are tied into the main duct of the oil furnace duct. Maybe i'm seeing this wrong !

Bouche said:
I have the manual but wanted to know if a clay chimney is still good and also if in Canada has any different codes!

I would get an inspection, the inspector will tell you if its to code or not and what you need to do if it isn't.

What you are describing is a parallel install which is illegal in canada. You cannot run the two 8" ducts into the plenum of the central furnace. In the states it's legal. If you look at the manual online it will state U.S only on the parallel installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.