I want winter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Is winter the best season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like winter . . . snowmobiling, watching the snow come down, etc.

But to me early Fall is the best time of year. Warm days, cool nights. Fall foliage. Football. Fewer bugs. Fewer tourists.

Whoa cowboy. We don't need to be speeding up the clock on winter. It will be here soon enough with plenty of albino rain and the cold that comes with it. The need to add 4" of clothing to walk outside is over rated.

Cool your jets man, Winter will come soon enough.

We've just had a great summer. It will be missed.

Winters coming!

Fall's the best. Late October to mid-November. Nights cool enough for a fire, days warm enough to ride the Harley. Fall leaf colors against a blue sky and deer hunting. Nothing better.

Reactions: bobdog2o02
Winters coming!

Fall's the best. Late October to mid-November. Nights cool enough for a fire, days warm enough to ride the Harley. Fall leaf colors against a blue sky and deer hunting. Nothing better.

Its never too cold for motorcycle.

Pepper Jelly? One of my favorite snacks. Slice of gouda and pepper jelly on a ritz.

We like extra sharp cheese and a cracker- great contrast with the jelly. This is no-joke, full strength- very spicy, but the citrus from the habanero is great.

aerostich gear and oxford heated grips. Good to go.

Yeah, I tried..I commute on the bike to work...about 8k per year....Winter is not for motorcycles....snowmobiles yes

i ride all seasons unless there is white stuff on the road. About 15K per year split between my Kawasaki ER-6N and my Honda ST1100

Just canned up my first batch of hot pepper pickles. I used Bulgarian carrot peppers (rich orange color and very hot) plus red and green jalapeños sliced in rings.

The only thing I like about winter is the fact that it's existence makes me truly appreciate the other three seasons.
Absence of [heat, sun, green, growth] makes the heart grow fonder.

As my friend that moved here from Florida in January one year said, "The change of seasons is highly overrated.".

Reactions: newburner
I just said that to my wife yesterday! Hawaii sounds very attractive to me.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.