I wonder how.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
I wonder how many cords and how big a splitter it would take.... or do you think the friskars would do ?

Attachments

• large tree loggers.png
    large tree loggers.png
    115 KB · Views: 295
All those guys wish they had a Fiskars!

I want to see how the Backwoods Savage tips those babies up on end! ;)

Maybe he hooks on a cable with his new quad and flips them into position?

Imagine the length of time those monsters would take to season? Or better yet, imagine the stove that could take lengths and quarter splits?

Jay would just mill that with his 880.

personally, I'd just use my Fiskars... (It felt like it was time to repost this picture...)

Attachments

• fiskars splitting.jpg
    fiskars splitting.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5,148
Those are big logs for sure but somebody doctored the pictures a lot. Notice how those logs are oval rather than round. The men look a bit fat too.

I'd give one of those a try at splitting!

Backwoods Savage said:
Those are big logs for sure but somebody doctored the pictures a lot. Notice how those logs are oval rather than round. The men look a bit fat too.
I thought that, too. I resized them a little closer.

Attachments

• large tree loggers.jpg
    large tree loggers.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 235
I think that if you buck it to 18 inches the thing would fall right over and then you move the splitter to the round.

Time to special order in that new 180 inch bar for my Husky in case I run into a real manly sized tree sometime. wink

Status
Not open for further replies.