i1200 Regency install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
here she is.... yea, I know ..dirty glass, unseason/wet wood will show it's self every time ....also the reason I can't get up to 500 degree+ But very happy with it, It will give me some heat, and will be even better with well seasoned stuff

Attachments

• PC290057.JPG
    PC290057.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 480
Looking good. But watch that flue! You will likely have to clean very frequently while burning unseasoned wood.

Do the creosote logs help? or do you think I need to brush it? and how often would you recomend? it is a new ss liner.

Instead of starting a new thread, I will just pin my new Regency i1200 install on to this one! (Hope that is OK). I previously had a I1100 at a former house and loved it, now with my new (old) house I decided to get another. The install is next Friday, so I will post some Pics!

The install went super smooth today, Dean and Tony from Estates Chimney Sweeps came as promised at 8:30am and were done a little after 10:30. I am looking forward to testing it out this weekend, lows in E PA at night still in the 30's. Now just have to find me some free wood!

Attachments

• Regency Insert.jpg
    Regency Insert.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 334
One last pic, burning off the paint smell....

Attachments

• burning off paintsmell.jpg
    burning off paintsmell.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 271
Clamp01 - I am assuming you installed into a zc fireplace. Are your venting grilles covered up?

I had a Regency installed last June and the subcontractor from the fireplace shop I used originally covered up my top grille. But originally one of direct employees from the shop came out and said it could not be covered (when they did the initial site survey).

After confirming what the vendor originally said (never to cover those grilles - it doesn't allow a zc to cool properly and is a fire hazard.) by looking on hearth.com I had the shop come out and fix the covers and expose the top vent.

I was finally able to do the break in procedure over these past couple of nights (temps finally went down enough at night). Last night I brought it up to 300 degrees and I found the top grille was hot to the touch ( I did not have the blower on at the time). I am REALLY happy I made them come out and fix that covering.

I can post some pics later so you can see what I mean.

I am by no means an expert - just a beginner. The post I read was from the webmaster. Maybe someone else can take a look at your pic and make sure it is ok.

Don't mean to make you paranoid, just watching out for a fellow I1200 owner :)

Potatohead -

No, my fireplace is a regular masonary type, not a ZC, I just chose the 1200 becasue I like the compact size (the room it is in is small) and the fact I had one before and really liked it. Thanks for the concern, but my install is good. All I need now is some frosty weather (tomorrow night!) and my favorite adult beverage!

Clamp

Status
Not open for further replies.