ICC Pipe..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth96

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2014
SW Ohio
Any recommendations on best place to order ICC pipe from?

I'm making a 72" high alcove out of my old chimney chase, need about 3-4" offset from where the ceiling support comes out of the ceiling and where the connector pipe will go in the BKPrincess (center to center). ICC seems to have the only 30 degree elbow for connector pipe so I'm planning on using ICC..

Any recommendations on best place to order ICC pipe from?

I'm making a 72" high alcove out of my old chimney chase, need about 3-4" offset from where the ceiling support comes out of the ceiling and where the connector pipe will go in the BKPrincess (center to center). ICC seems to have the only 30 degree elbow for connector pipe so I'm planning on using ICC..

Funny your looking for ICC products online too . http://www.stoves-pipes.com/ICC-EXCEL-PIPE-s/142.htm is the only place you can ORDER their products online. I say ORDER only because with them you then have to drive to the closest warehouse and pick up your order. They will not ship the products to you. You have to drive to the nearest warehouse to get your order. Sacramento, CA is the closest for me, 150 miles away. "Will Call purchase" is what they are calling it. I guess ICC has a policy that none of their dealers can or will sell and deliver their products via the internet. Don't ask me why...

Anyway, ICC actually makes a 15 degree elbow in their UltraBlack Stove pipe!!! That's the reason I'm going with them, (plus its very good quality pipe...)

This will allow you, and me to meet our offset requirement, while keeping an almost straight flue pipe to minimize draft issues and creosote built up. I'm going to make an alcove out of a natural gas set up similar to you. My alcove will be 96" wide, 92" tall and 24" deep. I'm gonna have to extend the hearth too but its going to be worth all the work I believe.

Here's a link for the ICC UltraBlack 15 degree elbow. You won't find any offset tables for the elbow in ICC's website but if you want it or need it let me know and I'll PM it to you. 15 degree stove pipe elbow is the way to go I think.

http://www.stoves-pipes.com/ICC-Ultrablack-6-Double-Wall-15-degree-Elbow-p/icue6ub15.htm

You can also just find a local dealer and then order it from them if stove-pipes.com doesn't work for you.

Thanks NVHunter.. yeah, I found the stoves-pipes.com too & saw the 15 degree elbow, but since it wasn't on the ICC website I wasn't sure if it was real or just a dream.. I had your same thoughts on using the 15 degree, straighter should equal less creosote and better draft. My alcove is a good deal smaller, looking at about 48" wide, 74" high, and 26" deep.. Please PM me the offset table if you don't mind.

Are you sure you can't order from ICC and have them ship it? I just tried and it let me put something in a cart, and gave me different UPS shipping options including free 7-day shipping. It is kind of wierd how they have their shipping options with that drop down menu that shows the pick-up sites. I wasn't sure I could ship either until I did the test.. My closest pickup would be Denver at about 1200 miles ;) I will try the locator too and see what my local dealer can offer vs the online store.

Thanks NVHunter.. yeah, I found the stoves-pipes.com too & saw the 15 degree elbow, but since it wasn't on the ICC website I wasn't sure if it was real or just a dream.. I had your same thoughts on using the 15 degree, straighter should equal less creosote and better draft. My alcove is a good deal smaller, looking at about 48" wide, 74" high, and 26" deep.. Please PM me the offset table if you don't mind.

Are you sure you can't order from ICC and have them ship it? I just tried and it let me put something in a cart, and gave me different UPS shipping options including free 7-day shipping. It is kind of wierd how they have their shipping options with that drop down menu that shows the pick-up sites. I wasn't sure I could ship either until I did the test.. My closest pickup would be Denver at about 1200 miles ;) I will try the locator too and see what my local dealer can offer vs the online store.

The website said 7 day free shipping with me too until the drop down menu gave me only pickup locations. Weird.... Ok pm sent with offset table.

Huh, when I opened that link it only gave me the will call purchase options. Must be a location thing I guess. Are you on the east or west coast? East coast if Denver was your closest pickup location.

SW Ohio.. yeah, maybe they only ship to certain regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.