ICC utra black Adjustable pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garretsquamish

Dec 1, 2015
squamish
HI All
I'm having a hard time connecting the ICC ultra black adjustable pipe.
I can't get the upper crimp to connect to any of the twist and lock pipe, and is way over sized for the flue extension connection.
I do have the Icc band to connect the adjustable pipe to the extention peices but seems to be over sized.

My ceiling is 14 feet tall and have two 4 foot lengths to make it to the cathedral box on top of the adjustable pipe.

Manual says
5. If you require additional height you may add lengths above or below the adjustable length. If you add lengths above the adjustable length install the trim collar (included with UBAF) to cover the formed end at the top of the length where it meets the chimney support.

Any support is greatly appreciated...
I had visions of sipping Scotch in front of my new blaze king tonight, instead, reading all the posts...

Thanks
Garret

You need the flue extension to attach the UB to the class A, and for whatever reason, the UB is a loose fit onto the extension. When I originally had mine installed by my local dealer, they just screwed the UB onto the extension, but when I redid my pipe, I added some door glass gasket around the interior circumference of the UB to make a bit better seal. It seems to be have worked, but then again, I never had any indications of a draft leak there anyhow.

Hook it up, drive the three screws and light up your stove [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.