Ice just at the bottom of chimney cap...OK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
My stove is running great, no smoke coming the cap (nice and clear as it should be), temps cruising around 450F, but today is the first time I have ever noticed icicles (damn did I spell it right?) on my chimney cap. Is this OK or should I knock it down, it is only about 3 or 4 inches long

looks like the snowstorm in Western New York is over for today. Snowplowed the driveway, my patrol snowmobile is ready when I work this weekend...life is good (as long as the icicles are not a problem.. :)

Our old buddy roospike had'em so they must be alright. He posted a picture season before last of'em on his chimney. I get'em too.

Status
Not open for further replies.