Ice Storm -Don't transport wood from quarantine area!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree farmer

May 23, 2008
Central NH
I trust most of the regulars here know about the quarantine of wood in Worcester MA. The Asian Longhorn Beetle has infested the area and this beast is slow moving on its own. They have been successful eradicating it in other cities by cutting every host species down for miles around the infested areas. But the fastest way to have it throughout the state and in NH is unsuspecting people transporting wood from this area and bringing to there home for firewood. I don't know about you, but having every maple, birch and more eradicated would make for a dull fall plus I would hate to see it come to NH! Look out for big ugly holes in hardwood specifically maple species.

Status
Not open for further replies.