Ich bin ein Pellethead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
Over the past few days my wife and I got to test drive the Thelin. I know it's early in the heating season but it did get down in the high 30's. Like 39???? We love the stove. How easy, how convient. We feel good about not using as much oil. We feel that pellets are a very "Green" solution for heating. It's nice to see how much it costs for heat for a day by seeing what's left in the hopper. The stove throws out a boat load of heat even raising the 2nd floor temps by several degrees. I am pleased that I do not have the stove in the room that we spend the most time in. We have it in an ajoining room. This set up lets us crank it up without getting roasted out. We have only run the stove on medium so far. I wonder what high is like????? Anyway, thank you to all in here that share opinions, information, encouragement and complicated mathmatical formulas and equasions. It makes a difference. Very Cool.......

I would like to hear more as you use the stove more. I have the same stove on
order from the same dealer, and should have within the next 2 weeks. Dennis and
Irene seem very knowledgeable and extremely accomodating, and it was their low
pressure way of giving information that convinced us to buy from them and not the
store that is a little closer to us, but not nearly as hospitable.

One of my neighbors about 1 block away came by to check out my set up. After he left he went directly down to Dennis' shop and bought one too. He has the stove but I'm not sure if it is installed yet. I'm sure he'll keep me posted on his results too.

BadDad, I'm happy to hear that you folks are enjoying your stove. I really liked that stove and if money was not an issue I would have got one myself. Good burning and the best of luck........

BadDad can you look at the back off your stove on the label that list the UL numbers and see if it has a MEA number for NYC

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.