ID for a neighbor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
A couple of hedge rows is exactly what I am looking for. One about 20' tall and the other maybe 10'. Maybe 500' in length in all.

Then that may very well be your critter. They have been used for that purpose for many years.

krex1010 said:
Just looked up some pics of Osage orange bark and I think the bark on this tree looks more like Osage than mulberry
I agree, the bark looks more like Osage to me....

Also, both Osage and Mulberry darken after being cut. The 2 woods are very difficult to tell apart from one another except mulberry is "a lot less" dense. I use the term "a lot less" lightly here because it's still a higher BTU wood, but considering that they're relatives it's a lot lower on the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.