ID help for L. Lange Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alliekat79

Dec 7, 2013
NJ
A L. Lange stove is in the home we recently purchased. Home was built in 1981 but the stove is in a room that we believe may have been an addition. Could you please help us identify this stove? What is the upper compartment used for? I did a search and reviewed every Lange post on the boards. I didn't see anything similar to this unit.

Still a newbie, and I haven't read all the wikis on using a wood stove. If you have any recommendations for this specific unit, I would much appreciate it.

14kgy15.jpg

Here it is....it's a coal stove.
I got this shot from Woodmans Associates...web site.
View attachment 119767
Thanks for the catalog info. Yes, it's definitely the 6304. I'm not sure how I missed the marking before, but the model number was on the inside of the door. The previous owners definitely used wood in it. If I can't find pea coal in my area, can I use wood or pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.