ID Please. North central NJ

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
No bark, No worm trails, very close growth rings, kinda light weight, very straight about 12" diameter.
Growth rings (approx. 60yrs).

IMG_0809.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, that's got me stumped...hey, I made an accidental pun! 😏💩 But to me, it looks like an example of what we call "now burnable." 👍

Also has a tan line (trail) directly down the center. Is this specific to ash borer?

looks like the Ash I have

Going with ash (or maple of some kind). Going to split into half rounds and stack for overnights in a couple of years. Thanks

Also has a tan line (trail) directly down the center. Is this specific to ash borer?
That's usually the pith which is very prevalent in maple but not so much in ash. Looks pretty well seasoned so it's hard to say honestly. Doesn't look like the maple I have.

Regardless, it looks like BTUs!

I've never seen Green or Black Ash, but that's not the White Ash grain I see here..