ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavo

Feb 12, 2011
chaplin ct
Town dropped a couple of trees and they are both within a few blocks of the house. I'm pretty sure on the ID but I am also new at this. The 1st one I believe to be silver maple. I got all that was easy enough to get in the truck. The big rounds are 18" across and I am at pretty much my max to be able to lift them into the truck. There are only 4 big rounds left that I did not want to wrestle with.
wood003.gif

wood002.gif

The 2nd one I think is ash. The problem w/ this one is that it is down a small but steep embankment. I grabbed a small piece to ID it. I am not positive I will be able to carry the large rounds up the embankment.
wood001.gif

Much better then the last town score I got which was box elder.
Thanks for the help. :)

Looks like silver to me....

Hard Maple.

Looks like Sugar Maple but I've been wrong b4.

Zap

zapny said:
Looks like Sugar Maple but I've been wrong b4.
I haven't! lol

Zap

I'd say the first and last picture look like Ash, the middle one looks like Red Maple.

Status
Not open for further replies.