id this wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjahnz

Burning Hunk
Oct 14, 2012
Minnesota
IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0122.jpg This stuff is gassing real good right now. The one on the right really confuses me, I find it only once in awhile.

Probably green ash.

any chance the one one the left is in the maple family? I can see some maple having smoother bark.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you're correct. The bark on the right is a bit out of focus, but the wood looks like maple.

left side...Maple? i meant the left side. I blame the camera phone. Wood id is pretty tricky, guess i better just put in the time to read up on some of my common species.

I was speaking of the first picture...the wood on the right side of the first picture appears to be maple while the wood on the left (still the first picture) appears to be ash.

Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.