Ideas on Craigs list buckstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id snatch it up in a second! Its worth $30 in scrap or a few hundred to someone if you wanna resell it! I hate its not near me, i would be there as fast as i could!

I saw that yesterday. Two hundred worth of gas and labor for twenty dollars worth of scrap.

BTW: They never did get a UL listing approved for that stove.

There is a reason it is on CL for free, nuff said......

BrotherBart said:
I saw that yesterday. Two hundred worth of gas and labor for twenty dollars worth of scrap.

BTW: They never did get a UL listing approved for that stove.
Im not saying i would drive up there from SC or even if i was in western VA but if i was within 30 minutes i would.
The UL part would be reason not to use it in the house, but a shop that is metal sided i would.

Oh and not sure what metal brings around there but here its $10/100. You saying that stove is only 200lbs? I dont know but would think it would be close to 300+. My stove is close to 600#s

That old big Buck is probably in the six hundred pound range. Steel scrap brings squat around here. I took a truck load of steel and clean cast in last year and the money hardly paid for the gas. It sure wouldn't have paid for back surgery. :lol:

maybe its cause were withing a few hours of the coast and are a major port. It all goes to china from what i have heard. It is an honest $10/100 maybe closer to $12 at times. A guy i work with scraps junk all the time, and were decent living wadge employees.
Like i said within a half hour of me i would take a buddy and go get it, theres $60 in scrap in that thing, well at my prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.