Ideas / options for small, metric OAK intake.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StokeFree

Nov 2, 2012
Central Indiana
Thanks for everyone's input on OAKs. I have decided to use fresh air intake on my Ecoteck, Monica stove.

The intake is metric and smaller (OD is 35 mm) than the intake on US stoves. I don't want to use an adapter and increase the size to 2" in order to use stock hose. I prefer a cleaner look and may go with thin wall SS pipe in metric size.

It would be nice to find a flex hose with the correct ID. That way I could adapt a hole in my existing wall thimble. If I go straight out the back of the stove, I will need another hole in the wall.

Is there an appliance adapter that goes from 80 mm to 3" and has a built in fresh air intake of 35mm?

Check with automotive parts supply. May have what your looking for or send you to a custom exaust shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.