zaroot86 Posted By zaroot86, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:43 AM

1. zaroot86

zaroot86
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2013
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Any experts? The top slant makes me think Fisher, but the glass doors and no fisher logo on the front steers me away. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. ridemgis

ridemgis
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jun 14, 2012
    Loc:
    South Kingstown, Rhode Island
    I say Lopi

3. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I don't think it's a Lopi. They proudly cast their name into the door. It looks like there may be a name in the upper right front corner of the stove though it's hard to tell. High Valley?

4. zaroot86

zaroot86
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2013
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Yeah I cannot find any information on a stepped top High Valley. The doors look feasible, but the only bi-fold door type stove I have seen from them has ornate metal framing out the glass; which is different than the simplistic glass doors on this model. I am looking for an older, quality stove to refurb/reseal and heat my basement with. I had a link on a nice VC resolute but it was sold a day too early. I would like to stick with a VC, Jotul, Fisher, Buck, or something else high quality; but my price point definitely puts me in the used category. I have found a Comforter local, and it is in very good shape; but I feel it is a bit small for what he is asking for it. I'd hate to pipe it in, only to tear it out next winter for something larger. I have a 2400 SF home, would like to run this stove in the basement, and then utilize my fan/ductwork to circulate the warmer air throughout my house.

If any one has something for sale in the MD/Southern PA region please let me know. This would be a supplemental heating source for my new HE heat pump, but mainly as a backup for if I lose power & don't want to run a generator to operate the forced air system. Not to mention I already have a ton of wood, since my shop is fired by a wood stove. Thanks!

5. zaroot86

zaroot86
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2013
    Loc:
    Maryland
    This is another one I am going to look at. Any ideas on make and model? Comes with a decorative nickel cast top cover I believe.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Could be a Taiwanese reproduction. Like Lopi, most old stove companies will have their name proudly cast into the iron.