Identifying Chimney Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KGNM

Mar 7, 2016
New Mexico
Hello all.

I'm trying to potentially ID and match my wood stove's pipe above the roof so I can hopefully extend its height.
It is 6" inner diameter, insulated, double wall WITHOUT any twist lock. The ends are completely smooth, except for a ridge that runs all the way around the pipe a few inches from one end, and a slightly wider few inches on the other end to slide over the top of another section. The insulation between walls is visible on the ends instead of being enclosed with metal.
It looks nearly identical to the Supervent brand carried at Lowes, except no twist lock nubs, just smooth metal, and insulation visible whereas the Supervent is sealed on the ends.
I'm not having any luck locating anything like this in my neck of the woods, so any tips, manufacturers, etc would be much appreciated!

Apologizes for not including pictures from the start. Here are two of the top of the pipe.
20160307_114017_resized.jpg 20160307_114052_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.
Don't forget that you will have to add a roof brace
kit if you extend 5 feet out of your roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.