Identifying wood... good book, references, etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay H

Nov 20, 2006
NJ
As a newbie wood stove burner/owner, I'm trying to figure out a good reference to learn how to identify trees and split pieces of wood. Something that perhaps have pictures and stuff to look for. Basically a "how to" for a fairly novice wood stove burner...

Any references would be appreciated!

Jay

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/2023?mv_session_id=ir6dRm4o&product_sku=17390

This would be a good book for anyone with interest in wood and woodcutting
It was written by Eric Johnsons dad (with Erics help) and I read at least something from it every few days. I think I have pretty much read the whole book and only purchased it last month.

As far as reference for identification I think Audubon puts out books broken down by area (IE Eastern US, ETC)
My mother has a bunch of these books but I dont remember who puts them out, I will look when I go there tonight.

I think maybe the North American Field guide to ....... (fill in the blank)

Status
Not open for further replies.