If I had a spare $13,000...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Holy.Crap. :gulp:

You have to admit that would be mighty handy if you had room to work it and the dollars to buy it.

:lol: Leaves me out on both counts.

Thistle said:
:lol: Leaves me out on both counts.

Me too, but we can all dream, can't we?

Hey FB...Looks like you are at stage 4 of the sickness. welcome. see you at the montly support group meeting!

maxed_out said:
Hey FB...Looks like you are at stage 4 of the sickness. welcome. see you at the montly support group meeting!

I won't be able to make the meeting this month. I have some wood to scrounge, cut, split, and stack that day.

maxed_out said:

;-)

At 13K for more gear, when do we get to the part where we save money by heating with wood? Don't forget, that's 13K off of cragislist. To register it in NJ you'd have to pay an additional $910 in tax and $140 in registration fees at DMV. The "saving money" point just got moved by an additional $1050. Of course, you could argue that the grapple is not part of the vehicle and not subject to tax. Or, he would write you a bill of sale for just the trailer itself, perhaps 3-5K. DMV does not need to know that there is a grapple on it.

I couldn't get that beast into my woods to pick up the stuff anyway.

I'd need to buy a little more truck to pull that too.

My truck wood pull it,but I'd have to widen a few trails in the woods to get in.Plus wood have to back it out because no room to turn that sucker around.

Adios Pantalones said:
I couldn't haul it, but it is pretty darned sexy

That's when you know you have the"sickness".....when you refer to anything with the word "dump" attached to it as sexy..... :lol:
My husband will refer to certain "power equipment"....as sexy...hell when we got wood delivered he got into this indepth conversation with the guy about the damn delivery truck... :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Adios Pantalones said:
I couldn't haul it, but it is pretty darned sexy

That's when you know you have the"sickness".....when you refer to anything with the word "dump" attached to it as sexy..... :lol:
My husband will refer to certain "power equipment"....as sexy...hell when we got wood delivered he got into this indepth conversation with the guy about the damn delivery truck... :lol:

haha thats pretty normal for most guys though.Even my almost 82 yr old Dad,his eyes light up like a Christmas tree when those subjects are mentioned. :lol: "Did you see that new tractor? Pretty damn cool machine,huh? ;-) "

This is what I bought for $13K to feed my addiction. I think it is a much better deal. :cheese:

Attachments

• woodhaul1.jpg
    woodhaul1.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 302
GolfandWoodNut said:
This is what I bought for $13K to feed my addiction. I think it is a much better deal. :cheese:

OHHH...the almighty bobcat...when my husband got his he talked about it for about a week straight....I am surprised a pic of it is not framed in the mancave next to our wedding photo..he loves his so much...prolly more than me :mad: ....He still won't let me operate it....maybe that is a "man" thang...not to let the wifey touch? How hard could it really be to operate? I WILL get to operate that thing...somehow....maybe I will have to "barter"...? ;-)

I havent run one in 4-5 yrs now,but they're pretty simple.Unless its a smaller job with a smaller company,Operating Engineers get in the driver's seat,instead of any of the other building trades.Case,Mustang,Bobcat,New Holland are similar,just have different ways of operating whether levers,handles or a 'steering arm' like mechanism.Foot pedals too of course.

They are a blast to use though,especially clearing large flat areas of heavy snow,that goes very quickly. :coolsmile: Loads of fun.

Thistle said:
I havent run one in 4-5 yrs now,but they're pretty simple.Unless its a smaller job with a smaller company,Operating Engineers get in the driver's seat,instead of any of the other building trades.Case,Mustang,Bobcat,New Holland are similar,just have different ways of operating whether levers,handles or a 'steering arm' like mechanism.Foot pedals too of course.

They are a blast to use though,especially clearing large flat areas of heavy snow,that goes very quickly. :coolsmile: Loads of fun.
Thistle, they are really easy to operate. Mine is the style with the two handles that work like the zero turn lawnmowers. It becomes second nature very quickly. Two foot petals, one to angle the bucket, one to raise it. You still have to be careful as if you get on a slope sideways and raise the bucket too high. My neighbor had a barge business and flipped one by doing that. He did not get hurt but I am sure he was embarassed. Also on the snow and ice you do have to be careful since there are no brakes. The brake is the bucket. My BIL has the style where it is a joystick, like playing a computer game.

Me too, but we can all dream, can’t we?

My dreams cost me $0.00, Oh crap. Back outside to split, lunch it over. Adult beverages soon.

KC

GAMMA RAY said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

OHHH...the almighty bobcat...when my husband got his he talked about it for about a week straight....I am surprised a pic of it is not framed in the mancave next to our wedding photo..he loves his so much...prolly more than me :mad: ....He still won't let me operate it....maybe that is a "man" thang...not to let the wifey touch? How hard could it really be to operate? I WILL get to operate that thing...somehow....maybe I will have to "barter"...? ;-)

zap :snake:

He's making me kind of nervous pushing up against those overhead wires. The lower ones are probably only phone lines but thats how people get electocuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.