If I put ashes from night b4 fire in paper bag it would be ok.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cogger

Oct 10, 2006
www.facebook.com
Last Sunday a nearby condo rental on a resort was destroyed after the guest cleaned out the fireplace and dumped the ashes in a paper bag and threw them out on to a wooden deck. This is what they told the fire dept. after whole unit was destroyed. How freaking stupid are fall foliage tourist! I'll try and get some pics before the remains are demolished.

Another flaw in the gene pool.

Why would rental condos have a working firplace (gas would be better) and why would the owner not seal it up when he/she is renting

The allure of many of these places is the fireplace. What the owner is to do is provide a large ash can for ash disposal. There should be a large laminated Do's and Don'ts hanging up somewhere.

When I first read the title of your post (before opening it) my first thought was "Oh No...he's going to get slammed" :shut:

Glad to read this was not a real question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.