If it is still sunny tomorrow---

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Maybe I will snap a few pics of the stuff starting to flower here already. No good reason really, cept to make us west coasters feel better, and the east coasters drool :p

My witch hazel is blooming, and I'm on the East coast! :p

It has been nice durring day, yet still a little cold at night. Tthank god though as I am out of wood. Bring on spring!

We've got flowers blooming, and I saw some red maple flower clusters on the ground. Seems to happen most years, then the winter kicks back in for a bit and forces a do-over.

Moddoo said:
HAHA
-8 F here tonight!
MY tomato sprouts are coming up though, In the kitchen @ 75F.

1 more week of negative lows, I think.

Calling for -10 tomorrow for us :snake:

Crocus, witch hazel and hazelnuts are all in bloom here. Spring's a comin'!

Nothin' blooming here. Its currently 3 degrees with a wind chill of -13F. Looks like tomorrow is gonna get colder.

The only thing that is blooming here is a serious case of CABIN FEVER in my Wife. Last night I told her about it, and lived to regret the comment....

Too much snow here to see if any flowers are out yet. Danged awfully cold too.

I guess it's not sunny today.

I still have an 8' heap of snow at the corner of my driveway from the snowblower. I havent seen the ground since the first of December.

Okay, looking at one of my Rhodo (species) just about ready to put on a show. I know it ain`t gonna fail me. pics coming this week, so I can still bragg about how not everywhere in Canada is "igloo world" :p Yep, look for it in the next 4 or 5 days. And it will still be Feburary-heh,heh.

Ahaa, the west coast, damn cold tonight 32f and today was just 54f this afternoon. God, I love to stir, anyone got a silver spoon? :) That pic is coming and it will be on this thread.!! I saw that smirky post "it must not be sunny today".. ha, just wait and see.

Just can`t wait anymore for spring.. Winter sucks!!

Just can`t wait anymore for spring.. Winter sucks!!

You dont get winter. You get a season called wetter. :roll:

It's been amazingly nice for the past week. OK, here's a picture. Spring is coming soon.

Attachments

• crocus-003.jpg
    crocus-003.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 204
I can't SEE if any of the plants out here agree with you all on the coming of spring-- they're still all covered in snow.

Snow/rain mix expected tomorrow. Spring ain't here yet.

sonnyinbc said:
Maybe I will snap a few pics of the stuff starting to flower here already. No good reason really, cept to make us west coasters feel better, and the east coasters drool :p
BeGreen said:
Crocus, witch hazel and hazelnuts are all in bloom here. Spring's a comin'!
Enough of that you guys with the Warm Pacific Ocean Currents have all the luck!!! aaaaaaaHHHH......

Could global warming shut them off!

Yes, it is still only February. And the rhodo in the pic is just about ready to "pop"... Aaaah,life on the west coast ;-P

Attachments

• big screen 024.jpg
    big screen 024.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 129
  • big screen 026.jpg
    big screen 026.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 132
Bushfire said:
My witch hazel is blooming, and I'm on the East coast! :p

Doesnt Witchhazel bloom in the winter anyway??

Hey Jimbob: My apoligies, forget about you people in the frozen north of Canada. Really just trying to get those eastern folks to drool a bit.

Actually I have a sister in Ft.St.James, been to visit once. and I ain`t going back. Blood suckers in the summer and almost worse than Winnipeg in the winter-lol

Love my wood heat, but still am very,very thankful that we have short winters here. Take care..

sonnyinbc said:
Hey Jimbob: My apoligies, forget about you people in the frozen north of Canada. Really just trying to get those eastern folks to drool a bit.

Actually I have a sister in Ft.St.James, been to visit once. and I ain`t going back. Blood suckers in the summer and almost worse than Winnipeg in the winter-lol

Love my wood heat, but still am very,very thankful that we have short winters here. Take care..

Hey, no prob. It'd be no fun if we couldn't rib each other about where we live.:lol:
Even though we would never live there, I actually do like the island, I have an uncle in Vic, and we have friends in Naniamo.
We even toured the P.E. plant in Duncan. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.