If yer gonna do it, do it right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
Building a nice wood shed? Then do yourself a favor and go the extra mile to run power out to it so you can see what you're doing in the middle of the night. And don't forget to add in a duplex outlet, even if you've no idea what you might ever plug into it. If you ever want it and it's not there, you ain't plugging in. Rick

Attachments

• niteshed.jpg
    niteshed.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 977
I just run an extension cord under the snow and hang a single bulb from the rafters.

Attachments

• 100_0296 (Medium).JPG
    100_0296 (Medium).JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 955
fossil said:
And don't forget to add in a duplex outlet, even if you've no idea what you might ever plug into it. Rick

I'm thinking strobe light and fog machine.

Yup ...electrical power is sweet. Couple years ago I put weather poof outlets in both lean-to's. Nice to have a radio playing or a near by plug for charging a battery.

I'm thinking of a "wave" sound machine so when I am sitting in front of the stack on a lawn chair with adult beverage, I can have the gentle sound of waves in the back ground. Oh, and a lit up plastic palm tree. Yea, yea, thats the ticket.

Better install plumbing too, you never know when you might want to use the can when getting some wood for the evening. Don't forget the TP, VERY IMPORTANT.

fossil said:
Building a nice wood shed? Then do yourself a favor and go the extra mile to run power out to it so you can see what you're doing in the middle of the night. And don't forget to add in a duplex outlet, even if you've no idea what you might ever plug into it. If you ever want it and it's not there, you ain't plugging in. Rick
Your firewood is taken better care of than some people's dogs. It looks cozy in there.

It was cozier back in July when I first finished it...but I had to move out in order to fill it with wood. :down: Rick

Attachments

• cave.jpg
    cave.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 805
Very nice setup, Fossil!

Stereo and Keg :coolsmile:

You guys need professional help!! LMAO!! Nice sheds though..

Summertime said:
You guys need professional help!!

Well, seein's how I've been married to a Clinical Psychologist for almost 19 years, I guess that's pretty much either a lost cause in my case, or a testament to where a whole lot of professional help might get you. %-P Rick

fossil said:
Summertime said:
You guys need professional help!!

Well, seein's how I've been married to a Clinical Psychologist for almost 19 years, I guess that's pretty much either a lost cause in my case, or a testament to where a whole lot of professional help might get you. %-P Rick

Think about where you would be without her. :lol:

Jags said:
...Think about where you would be without her. :lol:

Oh gawd! Good point! I don't even want to think about it. %-P Rick

fossil said:
It was cozier back in July when I first finished it...but I had to move out in order to fill it with wood. :down: Rick

A real nice MAN CAVE!

Wood shed? Don't need no stinkin wood shed. I have one, 12 X 24 build twenty years ago, but it is so full of junk that the wood piles now sit outside covered with EPDM rubber roofing. Oh, and with a flood light on the back of the house aimed at them. Yep, gotta have that light in case ya forget where ya sat the beer.

BrotherBart said:
Yep, gotta have that light in case ya...
stir up a skunk!

karri0n said:
Better install plumbing too, you never know when you might want to use the can when getting some wood for the evening. Don't forget the TP, VERY IMPORTANT.

Plumbing?, one of the plusses of having a wood shed is also having the ability to take a piss behind it.

Some very nice set-ups guys. My last wood shed was a basic pole barn with tin and recycled barn boards. My next one, this summer, will have a few more trimmings. Definitely hydro.

Oh hell, I got plumbing. Rick

Attachments

• shedplumb.jpg
    shedplumb.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 254
I was thinking disco ball and back light the splits for effect. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.