If you need good seasoned wood in Atlanta area go here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoct

Feeling the Heat
Jan 24, 2008
Griffin, GA
I'm very short this year. It's my first year burning good dry wood and I've used WAY more than I expected. I found some good seasoned stuff, but it is completely wet and may be ready by February. I've been scanning Craigslist everyday and looking for some leftover wood someone may have had from last year. So far nothing. What I did find was this: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/hsh/953526867.html I went today and got a large truckload (picture when I get home) of this stuff that's been split for a year for $75. I realize that I could have gotten a lot more for my money by buying the 1.5 cords, but I can't haul 1.5 cords right now and it's an hour away. Anyway, if your short this year and need some seasoned split for a while stuff then give this guy a call. He's got everything from semi rotting to split yesterday green. What I like is that he doesn't buck it and then split it later, it's all split as it's processed. Hard to find a firewood guy that keeps split wood that long. And the pile is huge. I did have to pick through it because it's not all done. Pretty easy work though because it's obvious once you've been picking up dry wood and then pick up wet wood. They are in lengths of 17"-25". I'm going to have to cut a lot of the ones I got, but I've got a saw and don't mind using it. And no, I'm not the one selling, just trying to help out anyone who is in my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.