Igniter for a profile 30 whitfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Taylor

Dec 21, 2010
Md. Eastern Shore
I just purchased a new igniter for a whitfield profile 30 and it came with a fuse. I have looked at my owners manual and it showed a fuse in the wires coming from the igniter but there is no place for a fuse with this igniter that I purchased. I put the new igniter on and it worked fine for 3 days and when I turned the stove off to clean it and turned it back on it wouldn't light the pellets. I tested the igniter and it was working. I put it back in the stove and it wouldn't ignite the pellets. I then plugged the igniter wires into the wall socket and it would ignite the pellets. I still can't find any place on the stove where there is a fuse. My questions are, where is the fuse located and would that have an effect on the igniter lighting the pellets. Any help would certainly be appreciated!! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.