Igniter issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineack

Oct 20, 2016
Maine
Fixing friends stove. Changed auger motor and then moved on to igniter. Brand new one..but trips breaker. I've read forums on insulating sleeves over back of wires which are down as far as they can go . No kinks in wire and hooked up well to control board. So why the issue .? Stove runs fine if 2 wires are not connected to control board and 20 minutes into stove running I re hooked wires back up and ran with no trip. I'm assuming igniter only runs a set time after start button is hit though. So what next

Time to get out a ohm meter. Unplug the stove and check each igniter lead to ground and then disconnect leads from board and igniter and check between leads and then lead to ground. Good luck and welcome

What he said
There is a short somewhere in the igniter circuit

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
Status
Not open for further replies.