igniter replacements.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethepup

Aug 3, 2008
Central Kentucky
I was wondering if there is a on-line retailer that sells igniters. I had 3 within a year and the forth one I can tell is getting ready to go out. I am going to call the maker of the insert and order a new one, but since it is now over the 1 year guaranttee I will have to pay for this one. I remember there was a member here that sold on-line parts but I think he went out of business.

I guess if this was an auto, you would call this aftermarket parts.

how hard are you using your ignitor? When it gets to the point (like this time of year) when the thing is running all the time, best to leave it on a manual mode or hig/low, vs on/off.. its alot less wear and tear on the element, and can save some pellet consumption...

The stove is not on a therostate, so it stay on most of the time, depending on the pellets I am using, it is only turned off when I do the cleaning. When it is cold, it would be only turned off and on about 30 days a month. Which I would think that is pretty low.

It’s like the outer metal on the igniter is literally burned off. I also rarely burn the stove on high and if I do it’s never more than say a hour.

The good news is that the manufacture is replacing it for me at no charge. The only thing the Tech said it that if might be too much humidity, maybe he is right, but I don’t see how that could happen, the stove is over 15 feet from any outside door, the house is very tight with new windows, and it is not hooked up to a oak, and to top it all off, the humidity is very low in the house right now on the humidity gauge it say’s 29, which is low. I really think it has something to do with the outer metal on the igniter.

Status
Not open for further replies.