Igniter won't ignite unless shut it down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanks55

Jan 5, 2014
central missouri
I know this forum is intended for stoves etc but I was hoping some more learned than I could help. My house (central) furnace is not igniting correctly. It is just blowing cold air unless I shut it off either at furnace or on the thermostat and then it will self light but as soon as it cycles off it won't relight without turning off again . I was thinking it may have a bad controller or thermostat. Any thoughts? I am just learning about this. New house for me and all new "different " appliances

If you want to check to see if it's the tstat, disconnect the wires from it - mark where they were attached - & touch the bare ends together.
If the furnace fires every time you connect the wires, that will indicate it's the tstat...

Status
Not open for further replies.