1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ignition , first fire in my new rebuilt Encore

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I fired up the 1999, Used two seasons, $500 Encore last night. It was easy to get it going but it got going a little too good.
    I monitored it and it never went over 600 degrees but suprised me that it got there ( that hot)
    I was able to light off the cat as well
    This morning when totally cooled down I suspected the ash door gasket leakage. So I figured I would tighten the latch first.
    In the receiving end of the gasket channell, I discovered new refactory cement, I reseamed, had oozed into the top corners preventing the matting of the gasket properly. I scraped out the excess and adjusted the door latch for a tighter fitting.
    If this does not work I will replace the gasket next. Still tweaking it getting it to where it runs as it should I will post pictures soon

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. martel

martel Member

Nice! congrats on the rebuilt encore. sounds like it will treat you well.
  3. BikeMedic2709

BikeMedic2709 New Member

Loc:
    North-Central Ohio
    Great! I still haven't fire mine up yet after the rebuild. Yesterday was in the high 70's and very humid in the evening. So, no fires yet.
    I would like to see your pictures.
    What type of stove cement do you use? Have you found any that are better than others?
  4. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I used rutland stove cement I have it in squeeze tube, caulking gun, and bulk container forms of it. Furnace . refactory. or stove cement. all of which should do the job.
  5. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

6. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicturesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p
  7. BikeMedic2709

BikeMedic2709 New Member

Loc:
    North-Central Ohio
    I bought the ones in the little tubs. I wish I would have bought the ones in the tube or caulk-gun type. I am sure it would have been a-lot less messy! Live and learn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.