1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ignitor Fuses keep blowing!!!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by JohnnyB_44, Oct 10, 2012.

1. JohnnyB_44

JohnnyB_44 Member

Loc:
    Warkworth, Ontario, Canada
    Hi All, Just tried to fire up my brand new Drolet Eco 65 stove for the second time and got a beep plus "ERR=I" on the read-out. Stopped it, checked the manual, checked the ignitor fuse - blown. Cleaned everything, put in new fuse, same thing. Tried one more time with same results. Anything I can do before I call the factory??? Thanks for any guidance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Check for a short to ground in the ignitor circuit.
  3. SteveB

SteveB Member

Loc:
    South Central PA.
    +1!
  4. JohnnyB_44

JohnnyB_44 Member

Loc:
    Thanks guys - did my tests and got 0 ohms across all connections. Emailed factory today & within the hour got this reply;
    "I assume that you have a problem with the ignitor. Since you bought your unit, we’ve improved it, so I’ll send you the new system.

You will receive 2 parts. One is an ignitor that is a bit thinner, and a sleeve to adapt the ignitor holder.

You should receive them by the end of next week.

Regards,"
    So I'll light the stove manually until I get the new parts & will keep everybody posted when they're installed. Thanks again.
  5. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    A brand new stove and they expect you to install the replacement parts? No dealer? Just asking because I changed the ignitor on my stove and it was a PIA - I had to lay over the stove and basically work upside down.
  6. JohnnyB_44

JohnnyB_44 Member

Loc:
    There is a dealer locally - TSC Stores where I bought it - but they just sell 'em, don't fix 'em, plus wouldn't trust 'em. Have 2 year parts one year labour warranty on ignitor, so can use local qualified tech and charge back to Drolet if it looks like a PIA.
  7. JohnnyB_44

JohnnyB_44 Member

Loc:
    Update; Received new ignitor plus illustrated step-by-step installation instructions. Was v.easy to install, took me about 15 mins. Ignitor has been working fine since - average 4 mins 35 secs to light stove.
    stoveguy2esw likes this.
  8. imacman

imacman Guest

Nice to see another stove company that takes care of issues quickly.
    stoveguy2esw likes this.
  9. DV

DV Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    Thats nice to hear. I have the same stove.
  10. FyreBug

FyreBug Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Hi guys, we're always on the lookout for the 'perfect igniter'. Haven't found it yet... Even brand new ones can fail.

I'm glad it worked out. Pretty much all brands bought at big box stores have the same warranty. Defective parts are sent directly to the consumer and we provide them a step by step instruction to fix this. Sometimes some folks are not able to fix this on their own and we'll send a qualified tech and cover warranty labor.
    smoke show likes this.
  11. DV

DV Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    Thats good customer services. Thumbs up! And yup.... everything goes bad at some time.
  12. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    my hat's off to Drolet. nice easy fix design apparently was thought out to make it easy to do. well done in my book!
    smoke show likes this.