Ignitor issue - Country Winslow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grstewart2000

Oct 22, 2008
Northern Catskills
2005 model. A problem just started: When I shut the stove off, after all the blowers have shut down, the ignitor starts up and will stay red hot until I unplug stove from electrical outlet. No lights are flashing. Left for weekend to return and discover that the ignitor had been on for 3 days! Could it be the control panel? Thanks for any suggestions.

grstewart2000 said:
2005 model. A problem just started: When I shut the stove off, after all the blowers have shut down, the ignitor starts up and will stay red hot until I unplug stove from electrical outlet. No lights are flashing. Left for weekend to return and discover that the ignitor had been on for 3 days! Could it be the control panel? Thanks for any suggestions.

Sure sounds like it.

Newer Winslows use the proof of fire switch to control the igniter. It may be a bad switch. Try connecting the terminals on the proof of fire switch together on one side and see if it runs and the igniter is off. If not, it is a control board.

Here is the wiring diagram on p.24

http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/resources/manual/PS40_09_19_06.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.