Ignitor problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
I've been having issues with my ignitor since the end of last season.

I actually bought a replacement because I thought it was shot. When scott was out here, here tested it and said it was fine.... and of course it fired right up for him.

Fired up the first 3 or 4 cleanings this season no problem too. The past 2 cleanings, i've had to manually get it going with some methods i'd rather not disclose :X

Well, I thought I found the problem.... somehow a pellet got lodged right in the main air hole for the burn pot.

IMG_20131123_160730.jpg

But I was wrong.

It still won't start. The ignitor and the burn pot do get warm, but they are not hot. I could hold the pot wihtout harming myself. But I felt the same thing end of last season and have had several successful starts since then.

I checked the alignment and moved it around a bunch, but still nothing.

What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.