1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ignore Forums option

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by Ashful, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Ashful

Ashful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I like to watch the "New Posts" page, but it's plagued with tons of traffic from The Pellet Mill and The Boiler Room, neither of which are of any interest to me. It would be fantastic if we could set our preferences to not list threads from those forums in which we do not participate, when browsing the New Posts or Unanswered Threads pages.
    n3pro likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Hmmm....you know, this software is like most modern stuff where there probably is a way, but it's deep in there or an add-on. You can, of course, watch just certain forums but that's not the same as a filter of recent activity.

I'll dig a bit.
    n3pro likes this.
  3. Ashful

Ashful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks! It's not a, "the forum isn't working" issue, or anything. Just would make watching for the latest much easier.
  4. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    That would be a awesome feature!
    Ashful likes this.
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It may be on the way......before too long.
    Ashful likes this.
  6. Dave A.

Dave A. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    Appreciate the heads up about the "new posts" feature. Works nice not having to keep so many windows/tabs open. Might also be nice to be able to include new posts from addl areas like ashcan, inglenook, and this forum in the new posts, as a user option if possible. Am not seeing them at this point, unless I'm not aware of the option.